Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 AM   #19308 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
What kind of stuff do you like to play?
1) A lot of good solid Rock, usually 60's and Mod-60's based: Early Who, Love, Velvet Underground, Rolling Stones, mid and late era Beatles. I try to play along with a lot of styles, just to get some understanding of other styles I usually don't listen to as often. When it comes to Punk, I would view myself along the lines of the classics: Stooges and Pistols style mainly for more classic and catchy crunching riffs. More of a rhythm man myself, to form a solid base for the song, but I practice on some good leads every once in a while.

2) Blues - There was a time, mainly influenced by the great Rolling Stones albums, when I seriously was listening to a lot of Chess Legends and others. Not too well-versed, but I'm no stranger to the greats like Muddy and the Wolf. I love to tune my guitar differently sometimes, so I credit classic Blues for that.

3) Folk - OK, more like Folk Rock, but you know what I mean. Sadly I have no 12-String as a listener to the first 5 albums of the Byrds. Still, it's great to strum along with.

Keyboards: I have been getting into some Prog again because of this, but I also have a lot more fun playing basic 50's Rock, "White Light/White Heat" style pounding, and Classical.

Last edited by Screen13; 04-08-2012 at 05:52 AM.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote