Music Banter - View Single Post - Here comes the Sons - Beatles' offsprings to form band
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #39 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by These guys View Post
I think you're all seriously overthinking this. Fuck comparisons to the previous incarnation of the Beatles, fuck innovation or shifting cultural perspectives, I just want to hear four very talented people get together and make some good records. Continuing the legacy of their fathers doesn't mean they have to become the biggest band in the world again.
This is what I have a problem with. How on Earth can you endorse them when you openly admit that the motivation for this would be to somehow revere with what their fathers did when they made no contributions in anyway to the Beatles or their legacy. The only way this would be worthwhile is if they completely disassociated themselves from the whole sentimental bull**** and actually focused on making music as a band. They shouldn't have any mention of their "father's legacy", because they're just the offspring of 4 very talented musicians, and frankly that doesn't mean shit. There is no way they could continue anything they never had a hand in.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote