Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Artists I Love or Hate
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
Milano, I was looking at doing an album countdown later this year which would have included the likes of BMTH and Alesana amongst other bands prone to prejudice, but I reckon you're way ahead of me on that with your inclusion of Dream Theater.

Will read this with interest as you're a man who knows a good tune.
BMTH and Alesana will both be included, for sure. I'll probably point out both of their most recent releases as well. Since those are becoming some of my favorite albums in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Its a good album, but I'd still say their best four albums were Images and Words, Awake, Metroplis Pt.2 and Six Degree of Inner Turbulence. As for James LaBrie's voice that is touch and go, he's had a history of problems with it.
Metropolis, Six Degrees and Images and Words I can agree with. Awake however, not so much. It's not a bad album at all, I can listen to it and still feel the satisfaction I would listening to any other Dream Theater album, but something about that one is a bit..."less" than the other albums. Maybe i'm just being pretentious.

I notice LaBrie's voice takes a bit of a low dive through some songs on Images and Words, but I think he got back in full with the releases of Black Clouds & Silver Linings and the recent A Dramatic Turn of Events. And with the song I posted in the original #100 post, he really belts it out at the end and it really shows how much talent the guy has, vocally.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote