Music Banter - View Single Post - Size Rise
Thread: Size Rise
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #50 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Right on,

Your notion that obese people are less smart just makes me slightly uncomfortable. From an emotional standpoint I actually agree with you, I look at a lot of obese people with contempt. They have been successfully taken advantage of by food corporations, convinced sunny d is an adequate substitute for orange juice or whatever.

But when i think about it more objectively, it seems a lot of it really is genetics. I don't eat healthier or value my body more so than many overweight people, I was just fortunate to inherit a fast metabolism.
Brah I used to chalk it up to this too. And then I started counting calories and realized I didn't eat nearly as much as I thought I did. Lots of obese people just eat and eat, or eat very unhealthy.

But some of it's genetics. Bone structure for example, is entirely genetics and plays a factor in how much 'meat' you carry on your bones. And yes metabolisms do vary.

Also, it makes sense that obesity is generally looked at as unattractive. We associate attractiveness with how healthy an individual is from a survival standpoint. Obese people don't typically live as long, pretty basic stuff.

I would be interested to see anticipation's correlation with intelligence and weight though.
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote