Music Banter - View Single Post - Size Rise
Thread: Size Rise
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
I equate obesity to stupidity, so no. Nothing is more unattractive than an unhealthy person, because it betrays a sense of apathy and unwillingness to maintain themselves. Unless you have a serious medical condition, in which case I understand.
Actually, there is a correlation between IQ & obesity (link), link, etc....

Why some people find this surprising is beyond me; it seems to be a given that idiots, being a group who tend to make bad decisions on a regular basis, would tend to make bad decisions in regards to what to eat on a regular basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Your notion that obese people are less smart just makes me slightly uncomfortable. From an emotional standpoint I actually agree with you, I look at a lot of obese people with contempt. They have been successfully taken advantage of by food corporations, convinced sunny d is an adequate substitute for orange juice or whatever.
How are they taken advantage of? We are inundated with information as to what is and isn't healthy. As if that wasn't enough, the majority of processed foods are required to have nutrition facts on the package. It's ridiculously easy to have a healthy BMI. These people are choosing to be unhealthy, and - no - it is not easy to be fat. These people circle parking lots looking for a spot close to the entrance like a shark looking for prey; they weight minutes for an elevator instead of taking the stairs; they eat gigantic portions of food, etc.