Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #11456 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

This is probably one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. Ever. Being a huge fan of David Lynch(obviously), Terrance Malick, and of course Stanley Kubrick, I was floored by some of the stills in this film. It's without a doubt the most beautiful film I've seen that was made before the 60s. The lighting was beyond perfect. It made the movie darker than plot did and the plot was pretty dark.

The story was very good until the end. I wasn't very impressed with the end but the whole feel of the movie made up for the ending. This was kind of like "Sunshine" in terms of the ending being a bit disappointing but can be completely excused by the rest of the movie. Robert Mitchum was very good and very scary. His singing and manner of speaking was frightening because of how evil he was even though he was a "man of God".

It's a movie with a few plot flaws but like I said...just a masterfully shot piece of history. I don't usually do this but here are a few of my favorite shots from the film...

Oh, and 10/10

(^My favorite. If anybody could make a wallpaper size of this I'll do things. I'll DO THINGS.)

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE

Last edited by Exo; 04-09-2012 at 09:36 AM.
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote