Music Banter - View Single Post - Size Rise
Thread: Size Rise
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 03:44 PM   #68 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
How does it make him an idiot when you basically agreed with what he said?

Eating less calories then you burn off will result in weight loss for anyone. It's just a matter of how many calories that certain individual burns off a day. People have two choices: they can choose to eat at a calorie deficit, or they can eat at around maintenance and do some form of calorie burning exercise. Or if they want to combine the two, that'll work as well
The second part of what he said is a factual statement devoid of context, which makes it irrelevant to the idea of "making a point".

The first part of his statement is a ridiculous assumption that doesn't take into account any of the reasoning as to why people might gain weight WITHOUT being overly inactive or having a bad diet, which is eminently possible even when going about normal life, to say nothing of medical conditions that might contribute to the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote