Music Banter - View Single Post - Size Rise
Thread: Size Rise
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #73 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
The vast majority of cases have nothing to do with medical conditions. The number of obesity cases has doubled since the 80's.

Obesity has doubled since 1980, major global analysis of risk factors reveals

Yes some people are genetically predisposed to carry more fat than others. This is no excuse.

I was genetically predisposed to carry very little muscle and fat. I said **** it, I'm tired of looking skinny and weak, and I listened to the advice from people who knew what they were talking about and now I'm seeing results. I didn't make excuses that I was cursed with a certain metabolism or body type. It takes a lot of work, and some people would rather moan about what they were given rather than work to what they can achieve.
The rise in overweight people has no bearing on whether HHBH is correct in claiming that people have to be making some grave error in order to BE overweight. It is entirely possible for people to be so. Especially in cases where someone's build is a contributing factor. Last summer, for example, I was in some of the better shape of my life, I was regularly biking 20/30 mile trips and I was going to the gym for HITraining frequently. My BMI still read as overweight because I'm simply not built that way. If I were to suddenly right this second lose weight to be within a "normal" BMI range, I would look gaunt and unhealthy.

Do I have any problem with that? No, not really. I'm still going to go to the gym and ride all I can because thats the right thing to do.

Are most overweight people in a position to do something about it? Absolutely.

Are all of them? Absolutely not. And its nothing to do with freak glandular conditions or irrepressible behaviour. Some people really are just not cut out to fall within the normal boundaries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote