Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #1127 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Page 18-21

Joe Walsh- Really need to check out a lot more of his solo stuff as I'm mostly familiar with the James Gang and of course his stuff with the Eagles.
Yeah, I don't really know much of his stuff, but had always been attracted to this album just for the title. Turns out it's not as great as it makes out though.
Quote:
Don Johnsen- I know he always fancied himself as a major league actor rather than a TV type actor, but didn't know he had recorded music, its probably no surprise considering Miami Vice had some of the coolest music in the 1980s.
I was amazed and somewhat initially annoyed the album was so good, but hell it is!
Quote:
Laura Brannigan- I only recently found out that she passed away after wondering what had happened to her, when I first saw her I thought she was as sexy as hell and what a voice, especially loved her Self Control album.
Me too. I was shocked. What a loss...
Quote:

Uriah Heep- True to form, you've picked out a weaker album in a band's discography, I can't criticize as its been years since I heard these later Uriah Heep albums. I still tend to play their golden era stuff when David Byron was vocalist and Gary Thain was in the band. I really should re-listen to their later 1970s and early 1980s stuff.
Another album I bought just for the cool cover (and a very favourable review in "Kerrang!") --- I knew nothing of UH at the time, bought their greatest hits, liked most of it but never went any deeper into their catalogue then. Have their discog to paw through one of these days...
Quote:
Asia-Still yet to listen to Phoenix, I know John Wetton returned to the band. There is actually a thread now about Asia on MB as somebody just started the thread. I think their debut is a great album then the next two weaker efforts based around the debut, for a while they were one of the biggest bands in the world for a short time in the 1980s.

I actually didn't rate the first album, thought the second two were much better and really they never looked back after that. Still making great albums what, forty years later?