Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #210 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
No, your friend isn't right. You don't convert fat to muscle. It's a given that you will gain some fat, but you want to be working out right away or else you'll just gain unwanted fat.

Here's some tips I can give you:

- Go here and calculate your calories needed for a goal weight: Calculate Calories Needed for Goal Weight

- You want to be eating around 6 meals a day ideally, spaced out in 2-3 hours each, so divide the number you got by 6.

- Vanilla is right about the protein (though protein doesn't build muscle, it repairs it after a workout). It's a good idea to buy a whey protein powder supplement and drink it before and after your workout.

- Do you know anything about macronutrients?

- And do you have a workout plan in mind?

woah woah woah chill out I'm not into plans lol

6 meals a day is crazy. I smoke weed all day and can't build up an appetite for that. I can probably do 4 or 5 though if one of them is a tasty treat.

I've been learning how eating too much protein puts you at a way higher risk for chronic diseases and cancer so I've been kind-off paranoid about that.

No idea what macronutrients are.

My working out mostly consists of me needing to expel some nervous energy in a healthy way. I do lotsa pull ups maybe like 50 a day(?) It's the only one i really enjoy doing because i like dangling in the air. I can do push ups pretty easily as well, these exercises havent seemed to gain much muscle, maybe toned them?

What kind-off meals do you eat?
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote