Music Banter - View Single Post - Community Collaborators
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Default Community Collaborators

First off : This thread has nothing to do with MB and so I'm sorry about that. Neither am I simply plugging my site so I will refrain from posting any URLs.

So, to the point. I've been trying to run a Canterbury scene website and the idea was sort of working at first. I've joyously come into contact with some of my musical heroes of old and I've been writing a lot of good posts. I managed to build a site which, despite sort of "old school" looks, have a lot of exciting functionality going on under the bonnet. However, I've failed completely at building up a community.

I have several readers, but no regular writers. Nothing I've done so far has changed that. So, I thought perhaps I should expand and make it either a RIO/Canterbury site, a general avantgarde music site or even a general music site with just a focus on the generally avantgarde like RIO and Canterbury. Expanding into RIO seems logical as Canterbury band Henry Cow is one of the important RIO bands. However, aside from Henry Cow and related, I don't know that much about RIO, certainly not enough to run a fansite on my own. So what I am looking for are collaborators who could try and help me get this thing going, somehow.

Someone here may have the knowledge I lack and could help me expand into something new or someone here may even be in a similar situation and have trouble getting their own community going. Perhaps we could do a merger? Either way, let me know if you have any ideas or would like to help out.

Last edited by Guybrush; 04-11-2012 at 04:10 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote