Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:52 AM   #5011 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

1) What's your absolute favourite old-school video game?

I'd probably have to say Tex Murphy's Pandora Directive. It was the second in the FMV Tex Murphy games and improved on a lot of the problems in the previous one, Under a Killing Moon. I have a lot of strong emotions tied back to this series though, as it was what allowed my inquisitive mind to flower and implant the seeds that one day may grow into me actually being a detective.

2) Where's the last place you went on vacation?

Vancouver Canada, where I pretty much only go to on vacation. It's kind of frustrating when there's so much of the world to see, but with so much of my life being there it's hard to go anywhere else. Friends and family all want to see me, and I usually only have the time to go see them at Christmas, which doesn't leave a lot of room to go to other places. I'm hoping that in the next few years I can start to make up for this hubris and start visiting other places in Canada. I've been giving some serious thought to Toronto and Montreal.

3) What's the last lie you told somebody?

I told a friend that I couldn't go to the pub with them because I was gaming at another friend's house, when in fact I was at home watching a movie. I heard her boyfriend in the background when she called and decided that I'd rather crazy glue my dick to a bullet train than go drinking with that asshole.

4) What do you think was the most pivotal moment, period, or person in music history, going thousands of years back?

I'll be first to admit that my knowledge of music doesn't extend far back to really say one way or the other. If there was a Shakespeare for the music world I'd probably say them, but using the knowledge that I know I would probably say what's-his-name going electric.

5) Do you listen to any music that you though you would never, ever listen to?

For the longest while I never thought I'd get into hip hop and country, but now they're two of my biggest genres. If you look hard enough you're bound to find something to your taste, but you also have to start weighing how much work you feel like doing, to how much you care.

As to the actual question itself, I will probably never get into radio pop.

6) Do you think everyone has a soul mate, or is that just an idea derived from fairy tales?

I actually do believe in soul mates, I just don't think you're going to find them in your town/city/state/ or even country. With 7 billion people to choose from, why would that person be sitting on the other side of your classroom or office space or on the other end of the bar? You'll find people who fit the bill, but there's always someone who will fit it better.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote