Music Banter - View Single Post - Tell everyone what you do for a living?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #118 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Wow, stomping through my neck of the woods. I lived in Dixon and Davis the last couple years.

I might need to look into this line of work. How does one break into this kind of work? What kind of licenses/experience needed? etc...

Also, if I do ever see a Devo-hat wearing truck driver, I'll know it's you...
yes you need a Class A CDL....which basically is a series of written test and a driving test through the DMV....you basically have two choices...pay to go to a truck driving school which is around $1500....or sign on with a larger company ie England, Werner, Scnieder who will pay for your training and license in trade for a contract of work

personally i signed on with England and worked for them for a little over a year basically i went to their school in Salt lake after i failed miserably at bike frame construction (just could not get the hang of welding)....basically it went like this....3 weeks instruction in Salt Lake, three months over the road training....and then i land a spot on their dedicated fleet out of Reno for Wal-Mart....after my year was up i started dropping resumes with the local beer people and landed this job for Ross....like i said it has its ups and downs but pays well with great benefits....and again i basically drive for 6-7 hours and listen to music....still i'm on a waiting list for a couple of the beer distributors here in reno
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote