Music Banter - View Single Post - Rick Santorum to drop out of the presidential campaign
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Which is fine, he's allowed to step down from running for president to take care of his family. People are happy about his decision because they didn't like him and/or his principles. His daughter has nothing to do with their excitement, so coming in here with guns blazing and stating that everybody is apparently happy that his daughter is ill, is not apt at all.
Uh...I don't know if I buy that. He was on track to lose. Why wouldn't you want him to stay in and lose in the court of public opinion. Are you celebrating his reputation being saved? Because he's now the front runner in 2016. So if anything, his drop out now only enhances his chances next time around.

Furthermore, he would not have dropped out if it weren't for his child. I just don't understand how you aren't happy about this. Is what you're saying currently "Jeez its a real shame that his child got sick, but you know what, I guess it all works out because I hate Rick Santorum?"

Explain to me your position, Burning Down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That's one of the reasons he dropped out, not the only one. His campaign was also deeply in debt, among other things.
Sure. That and he was in trouble in PA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
I think he was also deeply distressed to find out that everyone at Music Banter hated his kid also.

I'm glad someone is calling a spade, a spade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
People are excited that he's stepping down. I had no idea he had a sick daughter until you said anything. You're making assumptions about people who are excited about him stepping down because of that, but they're only excited because he would have made a ****ty president.
Wait a minute, you made this post. Are you telling me you didn't read your own ****ing post? It says in the OP that his daughter was sick from a rare genetic disorder.