Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #11486 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Bon Cop, Bad Cop (2006)

This film was so close to becoming a Canadian classic. It started off so well and just kept building from there, but holy crap did it drop it in the 3rd act. Humour gave out to more slapstick and the big baddie reveal was really underwhelming, you're left thinking "who is this guy and why should I care?" It would really be nice to see a Canadian film that doesn't revolve around hockey as the framing device, but when hockey players are on your 5 dollar bill I suppose it's hard to shake away. I was also right to be a little weary of how many of the jokes I would understand given where I grew up in Canada, as it's very much Ontario/ Quebec humour. Still, seeing Rick Mercer as a kind of hybrid between Don Cherry and Glenn Beck was pretty funny. Overall the film had a lot of good moments to it and it's not often I get to see 100% Canadian films so I give them a modicum of leniency to begin with and Bon Cop, Bad Cop is no different. Good for a watch if you're from that part of the world, but if not I can't see you getting much out of it but an average buddy-cop movie.

6.5/10
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote