Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #5016 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
I love it here, but it's always funny to me how people always want to visit Toronto. In all honesty, I can't wait for the day when I can leave the city and go live somewhere else, preferably out on the West Coast, like Vancouver or Seattle. I want to be able to come back as a tourist.

Also, so many people in Canada hate Torontonians. I was called a pompous arrogant bitch once by some lady in Montreal because I said I was from Toronto
West Coast is definitely different, I'm not sure how well an Easterner would like it out here. Everyone I know who lived in Ontario or further East, and wound up in Vancouver always went back, and everyone who lived in the West and went East never wants to come back.

I personally and looking at Toronto because of the history in the city, which is something Vancouver sorely lacks. Everything is brand new that it makes the city seem almost sterile, like it was grown in a test tube, and the areas of the city that do carry historical significance are in the worst neighbourhoods in the entire country, so there's not much reason to go and visit.

As for why people hate Torontonians, I think it's largely an inferiority complex. Toronto really is the center of the country and therefore people from other places will always feel left out or unappreciated. This is a pretty common thing in B.C., where some people feel like they're not even apart of the country because of our minimal involvement in national politics, but I mean you have to rule by consensus and more people live in Ontario and Quebec than in B.C. and Alberta. I've personally never understood these weird feuding between the cities, seems rather childish, I mean isn't that why we have hockey teams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
i loved that series - my fave bit is when you foul up something and end up being lobotomised
It's been awhile since I've played them, I remember in Under A Killing Moon you'd meet "God" and he'd tell you where you messed up, then send you back to Earth. I kind of liked how they incorporated death into the story, and if you kept dying in a particular area, "God" would get more and more upset with you. Can't remember which game you got lobotomized in though.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote