Music Banter - View Single Post - Bob Dylan Vs Neil Young
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:39 AM   #124 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Note: Along with Dylan, I need to listen to the Band.
The best Dylan you "need to listen to" is done by The Byrds.

Quote:
Was the Blues/Country/Folk scene really against the counter-culture grain back then? I thought those were fundamental to the psychedelic scene.
Quote:
Grateful Dead? Jimi Hendrix? Cream? Psychedelia's key players were mostly influenced by Blues at least, and I'm sure country and folk played a hand in it.
I always thought of psychedelic music as having strange melodies and using exotic instruments (stuff like making guitars sound sitars). Bands that started off playing the blues or folk ended up making psychedelic music somewhere along the line. And some bands that started off with Psychedelic went on to other things like Traffic. It seems it was all mixed up back then like where would the Grateful Dead be without their country and folk influence?

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards

Last edited by Neapolitan; 04-14-2012 at 01:21 AM.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote