Music Banter - View Single Post - Creative Writing Competition Voting Round II
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

My opinions on some of them, I also replied with opinions in some of the initial PMs.

Excerpts - Quality sci fi i suppose. When this thing is all put together it has the potential to be very good. Not my genre of choice so I can't say much more. I like the way it was put together from ads and essays instead of a straightforward narrative, that was original.

Home - This was great. The twist was very unexpected and it was a very sad story. Things like Dementia and Alzheimer's make me very emotional. It gives a very sad reality about getting older that you think the guy is young and with his whole life ahead of him and then you discover that to be untrue.

Handsomely Trimmed - Very funny and very good writing. The ridiculous subject matter contrasts so well with the posh, fancy writing.

The Landscape of Thought - This started off well. Some amazing concepts, and the themes of sanity and the mind were very well explored. But it didn't hold my attention as much as the others. I'm more of a fan of character driven, human stories so I think that was my fault. Well written too.

I still haven't decided on my vote yet. Either "Home" or "Handsomely Trimmed".
James is offline   Reply With Quote