Music Banter - View Single Post - Creative Writing Competition Voting Round II
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 01:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Fascinating Turnip
Moper

Right, so I've read them all.

Excerpts was an interesting read, albeit rather puzzling. I didn't particularly like it, but maybe it's because it's a bit out of context. It sounds like a vaguely promising dystopian novel, however. The writing was fairly good as well, in spite of being a bit excessively wordy here and there.

Hardyston Point was written well enough. It flowed well and it held my attention, but I felt it was a bit too predictable. I get the feeling that you could probably write something better than this, whoever you are.

Home was a great read. I was curious regarding the usage of things like "I seen" and "we was" early on, but because it can really swing both ways, I went with the idea of the character being rather young. It seems rather uninspiring until the police officer arrives and you're revealed the major twist. I thought it was incredibly clever and it just seemed like all of my doubts and curiosities fell into place after reading it.

what my neighbour thinks of me, I'm sure was a very disturbing read. It sounded particularly honest, which is something I value quite a bit, but I thought it was a bit excessive and I didn't enjoy it at all. However, I did find that despite the harshness of the words and it being mostly just a flurry of insults, it wasn't poorly written.

I'll pick this up later.
The Fascinating Turnip is offline   Reply With Quote