Music Banter - View Single Post - Unpopular Music Opinions
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #7037 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Here's one:

I'm so tired of hearing about The Shape of Punk to Come. It's not that interesting/creative/entertaining. It's simply a poor attempt at bringing progressive elements to hardcore punk... (something already done by Nomeansno about a decade earlier... and done better). All it is is your typical 90s hardcore album with generic vocals and "eclectic" parts amateurishly incorporated into the music (which is apparently supposed to make it "artsy" and "creative"). If you genuinely enjoy The Shape of Punk to Come, then that's perfectly fine, but don't pretend it's this significant and revolutionary release that so many people make it out to be... because it's not.

Also... I get this feeling that people think that by naming the album after one of the most important jazz albums of the 50s that it somehow makes it more "prophetic" and "avant-garde."

My response:

Alright... my pretentious rant is done for today... Stay tuned next week where I complain about how horrible I think Animal Collective's Merriweather Post Pavilion is...
i do quite enjoy The Shape of Punk To Come - i don't see any "revolutionary" elements but i did enjoy all that screaming

Merriweather Post Pavillion is fine, it's Strawberry Jam that I have problems with

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote