Music Banter - View Single Post - Creative Writing Competition Voting Round II
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
James
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Some thoughts on a few of them...

"Hardyston Point" gets my vote. I'm kind of a sucker for classic short horror so this one really appealed to me. I thought it was pretty creepy and had some great little details. I'd love to see the concept expand upon a bit though. I'm fine with the situation remaining somewhat mysterious, but I'd love just a little bit more explanation of the events. I'm thinking maybe Exoskeletal wrote this one since it's so cinematic.

"Neighbours" was good as well. I thought the characters were well developed and the writing was strong. I would, however, have liked to see more of the details revealed through the interactions of the characters instead of through straight description of the people by the narrator. I'm guessing this was James.

"Handsomely Trimmed" was a clever concept with very well written dialogue. It didn't particularly click with me, but British manners comedy rarely does, so that's my fault, not the author's. I still thought it was well executed and very polished. I'm guessing the author was UnchainedBallad.

"Excerpts", being what it is, doesn't really hang together in any coherent way, but I thought the writing was great, probably the best of the bunch. I just wish the author had turned it into an actual story of some kind. I'm 100% sure this was from Howard the Duck.

"what my neighbor thinks of me, I'm sure" certainly has the potential to be an interesting character study, but like "Excerpts", it seems like just a fragment of an idea. I would love to see it fleshed out into an actual story from the perspective of this unbelievably nasty character. I'm guessing Tumor wrote this one.
Thanks for the feedback
and all your guesses are correct....
James is offline   Reply With Quote