Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #179 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
So I didn't buy this album, and its a tragedy because this is what happens when you move on musically, but get dragged back to where you were at 19 kicking and screaming because your fans are socially stunted and think you should dress like Dio until your 72 and be just as angry as you were at 19.

Having said that, I don't hear the country in this at all. I'll go give the Waylon jennings thing a shot and see, but country music is almost all forms seems to have some twang or at least sustained notes, and the songs tend to be a lot more folk-oriented in that they are more sing-songy.

Even older stuff would have more harmonics than I'd hear here. I always got the bad impression that Metallica went to that soft-poppy alternative more so than any other genre.

edit: I like it (Waylon) but I'm still not hearing it.
It could be due to the difference of opinion, because I read that you liked country , whereas I don't listen to country enough. That could mislead my ears to be hearing something that potentially isn't there, or vice versa. I imagine you know that there are probably different forms of country , whereas for me, I think there's a generic country voice that goes with the genre. That by itself could give me the impression that Hetfield sounds like a country singer.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote