Music Banter - View Single Post - Slayer vs Metallica
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #180 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
It could be due to the difference of opinion, because I read that you liked country , whereas I don't listen to country enough. That could mislead my ears to be hearing something that potentially isn't there, or vice versa. I imagine you know that there are probably different forms of country , whereas for me, I think there's a generic country voice that goes with the genre. That by itself could give me the impression that Hetfield sounds like a country singer.
Well the risk of being called an ******* by a few of the members around here, let me raise this question.

I know a few people who honestly say "Whenever I listen to country music, theres a guy singer and theres a girl singer." They aren't being assanine, thats just what they think, and there was a time where I felt the same way. Most country male singers have a voice moving toward baritone. Trace Adkins, Toby Keith, Josh Turner. The one country guy most people know was Johnny Cash and he was deep too.

It borders on the absurd sometimes, and Hetfield starts off that deep as well so I imagine that its where you're finding a connection. Beyond that though, I don't really hear the country connotation.

Is there a reason you don't like the genre? Country that is?
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote