Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #5040 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post

6) In homage to Shaun Of The Dead, of the albums you own, which five would you sacrifice to kill a zombie, and which five would you keep?

The last one's for you Paloma
Excellent question. Shaun of the Dead! W00t!

Ok:

1) Where do you see yourself this time next year?

In a nice house in Eugene, Oregon with my friends, working part-time and preparing for the 2013 outdoor grow season.

2) If you were to make a TV Show, what would be it's format/storyline?

Seinfeld-esque show about nothing about my friends and I in Oregon. Quirk-based humor, trying to get ahead but being stoners coming up short in semi-hilarious semi-pathetic fashion.

3) What would you name your children, male or female, and any particular reason for that?

I hadn't thought about this since I was like 12. I don't know why I even was thinking about it at that age, but I was partial to boys names starting with Z or J. I've kind of lost interest in the J names, but Z names I still think would be cool. And I probably wouldn't pick Zach. Zeke? Like on the birth certificate straight up, not Ezekiel. I'd hate to name my kid after a 2nd string video game character from a meh game, but Zell maybe. Or Zed. The latter two would probably cost me an argument, lol...
This is hard, I really don't have anything in mind for girls names. I imagine I'd let the lady lead on the girls name and be supportive of whatever that would be, within reason. I think Ellaine is nice. Happens to be my mom's middle name, too.

4) If you were to make music for a living, what genre would it be, and a few examples of comparable/influential artists?

Space Rock Jam band, possibly completely improvisational, a la Oresund Space Collective. Or just regular space rock like Hidria Spacefolk, First Band From OuterSpace, Stone Oak Cosmonaut, etc.

5) Any genres of music that you are currently trying to get into?

My friend is trying to get me into a few new rappers that are not really my style/sub-genre of choice... Mac Lethal, Scroobius Pip, etc... I dig Scroobius Pip a little bit, but Mac Lethal not so much. I was a little impressed with Mac Lethal's youtube fast raps ... sort of. But they get tired kind of quick and I know rappers with content I enjoy pulling similar speeds. And his solo album stuff is meh-worthy.

Genres all together... I'm kind of just sticking with what I've got for now. Going through some nostalgia trips while keeping up with new space rock. Compared to 2011, I'm really behind on new music.

6) In homage to Shaun Of The Dead, of the albums you own, which five would you sacrifice to kill a zombie, and which five would you keep?

For the record, Dire Straits s/t is a keeper. That's the one point of contention I have with Shaun about his record throwing. So first keeper is Dire Straits s/t.

Batman soundtrack, throw it.

Let's see, 4 more keepers in the zombie apocalypse, Oresund Space Collective's It's All About Delay, Aesop Rock's Labor Days, Tool's Lateralus, and Buckethead's Population Override.

4 more throwers would be MC Frontalot's Solved, MC Hawking's A Brief History of Rhyme, Neal Morse's Testimony 2 (if it weren't Mike Portnoy I would have done away with this), Reel Big Fish's Turn the Radio Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post

I only own one album on vinyl, Bowie's "Tonight," but I think that if anything were to defeat a zombie it would probably be a Bowie album.

Last edited by Mrd00d; 04-16-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote