Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Not Digging
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #351 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard the Duck View Post
Human's Lib is okay - too much filler, though

I prefer Nik Kershaw's Human Racing
Agree with this. HoJo was a little too "Nice Guy" in my opinion. Went down the MOR very quick. Kershaw's second album was better than his first - I remember having that one on cassette.

Onto my choice for this post - Modern English's Stop Start. Stop should have been the word they were thinking of when they were recording this as well as letting their guitarist have that "Captain Morgan" look which I feel killed their chances to continue their existence with a Pop Hit that "Ink and Paper" should have been. A couple of tracks equal a single for me, and this time they certainly did not have what it took to create one of those forgettable 80's too late in the game New Wave Pop albums which had at least a Pop savvy that at least winds up in one of those albums that you may be caught buying from the cutout bin and getting away with it. After the Snow had good hooks, Ricochet Days saw the ideas slowing down, but this was just grasping for any synth line they can find and wrapping it up with too much production. It's understandable they tried for the Big Time, but this was a mega fail - I can imagine the Cut Out copies being pressed in the second week of release.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote