Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Debate: Are eSports sports?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #105 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Because its the seperation, not the differentiation, that leads to the kind of bullcrap attempts to delegitimise the concept of eSports that we've seen in this thread. At the very least if we could agree they were a subcategory, that **** could be pointed towards a rather more simple end result than the 11 page thread we've had to go through here, and we wouldn't have to deal with people like Il Duce, the worst poster ever, trying to troll by bringing up **** that very clearly has nothing to do with any of this discussion. We'd end up a much more inclusive end result where people can do what they want and nobody need get butthurt about the lack of x thing or y aspect in a given sport, (And in so doing, people would be less likely to argue that recognised sports like curling, darts, snooker, and chess, aren't sports), because it would be understood that the umbrella covers one set of stipulations, and the subcategories the others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!