Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Debate: Are eSports sports?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #117 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Are you reading the same thread I'm reading? The entire ****ing thread has been people trying to delegitimise the whole concept of eSports. It was started for EXACTLY THAT REASON.
Say what? The only thing I have seen anyone in this thread disagree with you about is the grounds on which you believe eSports should be called Sports, namely the distinction of physical exertion. I can't see one post in this thread that actually says "eSports require no talent" in any shape or form.

You started this thread to ask people's opinions. Since you got them you haven't stopped aggressively attacking the viewpoints of those who are disagreeing with you...

I have no problem with eSports. I think they're great. I think they're a fantastic MENTAL activity. However, I do not think they should be given the moniker of "Sports" because "Sports" are a predominantly PHYSICAL activity. The distinction needs to be made, because if it isn't, people lose sight of the balance that is required between the physical and the mental. Both are extremely important for a balanced person, but there's a reason we differentiate between the two. Am I "deligitimising" eSports because of this? How?

- Arthur Dent