Music Banter - View Single Post - 2pac!
Thread: 2pac!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 11:46 AM   #20 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticipation View Post
You're kidding me right? Pac's lyricism actually had a message. He spoke about real issues and about the racial and social tensions of life as an ideologically displaced youth growing up in one of the most oppressive societies known to man. Biggie isn't **** compared to Pac, all he did was rap about partying, blunts, and hoes. Big is the predecessor of Lil Wayne, commercialization, and candy rappers, Pac was a major factor in the rise of guys like Talib Kweli, the discussion of real life issues , and actual hip hop. Pac was popular way before the Biggie feud, which only played a small part in his overall career and driving message.

I just can't see how anyone can say that Big was somehow more significant in his contributions to hip hop than Pac.
This is exactly the way i've always looked at this debate. I like Biggie like the next guy but he wasn't exactly rapping about anything revolutionary. I think Pac gets a raw deal most of the time, but I always found him to be pretty smooth with his flow and he did write some great stuff. It amazes me when Lil Waynes make it big and Dead Prez's don't even get heard.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote