Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #84 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
Yeah a lot of people I've talked to have suggested looking into getting a Taylor. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. And actually I hadn't considered renting, that's a fantastic idea.
Breeeeedddddloooooveeeeee

Big names are not always the best. I've played Takamine and Taylor guitars twice the price of mine that aren't as good because they just weren't built right on the day. Consider all options.

Art & Luthierie, Seagull, and Norman guitars, btw, are all brands made by ex-godin employees. They're VERY good. A norman is one of the only guitars I've ever played that matched my breedlove for example.

They also tend towards a sweeter, less brash sound than most makers guitars. Godin as a company are big believers in keeping the finishes thin to avoid strangling the tone of the guitar. Most other companies use gloss finishes that are much thicker than the satin these companies use. That might not always be bad, but I think satin has the edge in tone, all other things being equal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote