Music Banter - View Single Post - Here's a thought...
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 02:52 AM   #22 (permalink)
ladyislingering
Maelian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwubs View Post
criminalization of drugs
Organized religion
Allowing oil to monopolize certain aspects of the energy market
Not having regulation for reproduction
preventing medical research due to outdated moral concerns or to prevent competition for less effective, but more profitable and manageable medicines/practices
etc.
all of this.

We can understand today why certain drugs are very, very bad. But society needs to learn to heal the addicts and counsel the dealers to keep the "hard" drugs (meth, cocaine, heroin, etc.) away from people whose lives are destroyed by these substances. There is no sense in criminalizing people with addiction.

Do you mean, "regulation of reproduction" will someday be regarded as foolish? Because I agree, fully, damn the government for thinking they have any right to regulate what goes on with women. It isn't their damn business. My opinion is, if you want children, have 'em. If you don't, abort 'em and learn your lesson. Abortion is not to be used as regular birth control but it shouldn't be illegal either. Besides, I have successfully destroyed unwanted intruders without abortion before. Women should be allowed to control their reproductive organs. Not a government run by a bunch of male chauvinists that want to control women.

I love how you mentioned discarding old school "morals" for the sake of medical research. Society needs to get its stuff together so we can find a cure for cancer, at the expense of the expendable. I fully believe this.

Also I wonder if eugenics will ever be considered an acceptable process.