Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #97 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Thanks for addressing my comment with such detail. I curretly have a solid body laguna, which Is one reason im startin to lean towards the hollow body. I want something different. I have a friend who has a epiphone dot, he runs it through a Marshall that has two 10 or 12 inch speakers in it. He plays some heavy stuff. I've never heard any feedback issues when he was playing, and my amp isn't even as loud as his so I'm not really worried about feedback issues, i think it'll be fine.

Another thing to consider is that my girlfriend is wanting to buy it for me for me birthday and the strat is a little more expensive, so I almost don't even have a choice.
Here's yet another angle to consider. They've been making and selling Strats for well over 50 years now. They're not going to stop. Hollow-bodies have been around forever too, but there aren't many specific models that have stuck around that long, and those that have are NOT cheap. If there's a particular modern hollow-body that's caught your fancy, I'd say now is the time to get it.

Also, the issue with the feedback is when you -stop- playing. Like when you're just holding that last chord and letting it ring out, sometimes having that tear up into a swell of feedback is a great cap to a tune, sometimes it destroys the delicate balance of the intricate love song you just performed. The hollow-body simply has more space to allow for the sound waves to resonate and create a feedback loop. It was a major complaint from the guys in Oasis back in the day.

@WWWP - Good luck with the rental. Keep us posted on the new guitar when you finalize your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote