Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #9747 (permalink)
Zer0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I feel kind of bad about complaining about this but here goes...

My duties at work have increased exponentially and as such has resulted in paychecks amounts I haven't seen since early 2009 when I was a forklift driver. Now obviously this isn't the bitching part, but I suddenly find myself very friendless as people move away or stop talking to me. It looks like for the third weekend in a row I'll be staying home watching movies on Netflix and reading comic books. Now it's not a bad way to spend a weekend, but I just find it horribly funny how that now I finally have the money to go out and enjoy myself, I suddenly have nobody to enjoy myself with. The obvious solution is to make new friends, but I'm not particularly good at that. I do such a good job at insulating myself that many people find my demeanor too intimidating to approach. Occasionally if the stars align right I can shake it off and be Prince Charming, but those nights have been rare as of late.
I'm in pretty much the same situation myself. A lot of my friends have either emigrated to find work, don't have the money to go out drinking or just don't bother talking to me anymore. So basically I find myself stuck on the internet on a Saturday night and drinking by myself quite regularly. It's such a pain in the ass as I'm actually earning some decent money at the moment, but on the other hand it's pretty much part of growing up I guess.