Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 07:48 PM   #9748 (permalink)
WagTheDog
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I feel kind of bad about complaining about this but here goes...

My duties at work have increased exponentially and as such has resulted in paychecks amounts I haven't seen since early 2009 when I was a forklift driver. Now obviously this isn't the bitching part, but I suddenly find myself very friendless as people move away or stop talking to me. It looks like for the third weekend in a row I'll be staying home watching movies on Netflix and reading comic books. Now it's not a bad way to spend a weekend, but I just find it horribly funny how that now I finally have the money to go out and enjoy myself, I suddenly have nobody to enjoy myself with. The obvious solution is to make new friends, but I'm not particularly good at that. I do such a good job at insulating myself that many people find my demeanor too intimidating to approach. Occasionally if the stars align right I can shake it off and be Prince Charming, but those nights have been rare as of late.
Yeah, I find that success tends to breed jealously among friends that don't have it themselves. Solution is really to find new friends that aren't intimidated and even... happy for you for doing better.
WagTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote