Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Slipknot Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:28 AM   #353 (permalink)
RealXenWarrior
Music Addict

eloquence is overrated, especially here... in music forums, youre supposed to say things that make people mad, thats the only reason things like forums keep on, cuz people have **** to talk about, so of course you choose your words wisely and make people want to say something back congrats.... I win. cmon now though you cant completely write-off slipknot... or any popular bands really, they got somewhere because people like them, can't really argue with that can you? no, im not a HUGE fan of oldschool hardcore because I prefer a more mature melodic sound that you just don't quite get from the pioneers... because it wasn't about melody, it was about anger and rage and a general distaste for society and the group mentality of the whole at that particular point in time... can't really argue with that either... my only thing is, im getting sick of the militance and the labels (yes, i know, im a ****ing martyr for both) but I am the inverse... im militant in an attempt to mock those like the hardliners who took straight edge and "oldschool" hxc WAYYYY past what it is... im just not a big fan of any of it, im in it for good music, wherever it comes from, and thats what kids dont get, they think that if it doesnt very meticulously fall under the specific genre of music that they and their group of friends fancy then its crap, and thats it... music is music, lets cut all the labels crap *is an advocate for change here*
Never shall innocent blood be shed. Yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God. In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
RealXenWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote