Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #11538 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I just got back from seeing this. I intentionally avoided reading anything about it before going because it seemed like it would be better that way, but I have to confess I was slightly disappointed. It was a great ride but the ending was kind of a let down. I figured out what was happening pretty early on so I think I was expecting some more twists (and better explanations) and they never came. Certainly an original concept though.
I think we waited too long and just heard about all the hype which created an expectation too spectacular to be fulfilled by a really good mainstream horror movie. I know what you mean about the ending, I was hoping for a bit more of an explanation as to just where all the monsters came from.

Videodrome (1983)

I really enjoyed this movie, I think it did a great job of creating a mindfuck movie that was still easy to follow. David Cronenberg is definitely the master of body horror because that chest cavity VCR thing was awesomely disgusting. Definitely one of his better movies.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote