Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone know who Saga is?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
I suggest listening to their self titled, coming from someone who had never heard of them, it's a really really good album to go back to/start with.
I'm actually listening to their debut, I knew the opening track already and never really cared for the song as to be honest I'm not much of a fan of the vocalist's voice. The rest of the album is an interesting rather than a good listen and it sits itself awkwardly between a prog and pomp rock album with the band not really sure whether they want to do long epics or shortened down versions of epics. The band's debut must have been a rarity given that prog in 1978 was so uncool. The band basically sound like Styx circa mid to late 1970s. Based on this album, Styx is the master and Saga very much the pupil.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote