Music Banter - View Single Post - Diablo Swing Orchestra
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Their debut album, Butcher's Ballroom started out really strong, but I felt it kind of fizzling out towards the end as the novelty wore off. Their 2009 followup, Sing Along Songs for the Damned and Delirious was a bit more focused and put a bit more focus into the metal aspect, getting a tone very reminiscent of Meshuggah at times. They also did a lot more singing in English and toned down on the operatic moments to make it feel a bit more contemporary. It still had everything that made their debut memorable but just refined it. They have a new album coming out next month but I've yet to hear anything from it, but I also haven't really given it much attention as I'm still trying to get through my backlog of metal releases.

Well written, yeah. And I had no idea they were Swedish. It makes sense now. All the Swedish artists I listen to are weird (in a good way), quirky (like Mattias Eklundh of Freak Kitchen). Yeah, they're damn good at what they do and they've got a distinctive sound. The band Unexpect is following in those footsteps, whether they know it or not...

Definitely worth checking out:

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote