Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 10:42 AM   #108 (permalink)
Burning Down
The Music Guru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Okay, I'll just use this thread. Anyone know if I can get a decent classical guitar for under $200? Willing to stretch my budget to $250, but that's it due to sales tax on top of it. I'm taking a summer class at school called "Introduction to Classical Guitar Technique" that starts in July, and I need a nylon string classical guitar for the course. I have 7 other guitars at my house but they are all steel string (and 5 are electric).

So yeah, I just need something basic. Nylon string classical guitar, good quality, preferably under $200. I've looked on the Internet and in stores, but all the guitars that are in my price range are the kid size ones (like 1/2 or 3/4 size), and I need a full size guitar.

Thanks.

Edit: I'm also okay with ordering from the US as long as it comes within my budget.
Update:

Ibanez G100 Classical Guitar [35747] : Steve's Music Store, Guitars, Drums, Keyboards, Recording, PA, etc...

Found and tried this guitar out at the store. It's an Ibanez and costs only $189.95. It sounds really good, and I just love the feeling of nylon strings. I think I will like classical guitar! The neck does not taper like the neck on an electric or acoustic guitar, the strings are so much easier on the fingers, the body of the guitar is much smaller and lighter, and the action is lower.

I think I'm going to buy this guitar!!
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote