Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite people.
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoskeletal View Post

Pretty much my favorite musician ever. The man personified coolness. He was an innovator in jazz and the man just leaked his gift onto others that played with him. He inspired and personally gifted a lot of amazing musicians. My dreams are played out to Miles. He's amazing.

An obviously one. I have three favorite directors. The two follow but David Lynch owns a special place with me. I find myself to be a stable person but when I'm feeling unstable I love to watch Lynch's films. The man just knows how to create feeling in a film. He's a kind of director that a projectionist loves because of the amount of detail that the man puts into how his films are to be shown. Please come back to feature films David. I miss you.

Genius. Stanley Kubrick is just a flat out genius. Nearly every one of his films is a masterpiece and I also admire him because he always did his own thing. Working with him was sometimes a chore but that goes the same for anybody else with the intelligence that the man had. The dude was a freakin chess master! It's a shame that he died even though he wasn't that young because than man just oozed out cinematic masterpieces like it was nothing.

My favorite author. Kurt Vonnegut had such an amazing mind and really saw the world in a special way. He was hilarious and heartbreaking in his writing and his stories were unique and enticing.
All great choices.

Hunter is an outright badass, period. He writes beautiful and intriguing pieces and the fact that--although it is not that unique in the art world--he did this from the blathering depths of hefty levels of intoxication makes him all the more interesting. I feel like I could talk--or even just listen, if he's on a good kick--to this man for hours on end. Truly a shame that he is gone.

John Zorn is one of the only musicians that I can trust to be consistently good with his output, or most of the output that he produces. He's given way to many great artists in the experimental music world, and plays some kick ass saxophone to boot.

That's all for now, I'll post some more later.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote