Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #112 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
So my girlfriend ended up getting me an epiphone dot. It's a natural wood color with a gloss on top. It's really nice, plays really smooth. I now can clearly see the difference between a solid body and hollow body. Its seems obvious and self-explanatory, but until you've really played both, it's hard to know exactly how different they're going to sound.
Nice. So now you should be able to fully grasp my comment about pickup truck vs. convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
Update:

Ibanez G100 Classical Guitar [35747] : Steve's Music Store, Guitars, Drums, Keyboards, Recording, PA, etc...

Found and tried this guitar out at the store. It's an Ibanez and costs only $189.95. It sounds really good, and I just love the feeling of nylon strings. I think I will like classical guitar! The neck does not taper like the neck on an electric or acoustic guitar, the strings are so much easier on the fingers, the body of the guitar is much smaller and lighter, and the action is lower.

I think I'm going to buy this guitar!!
Totally do it up. That looks like a great deal, the only downside I remember hearing about classical guitars (my old man went on a decade long kick for them in the late 90s) is the strings 'die' fast. You'll want to get some sort of sweat rag to wipe down the strings after every time you play to get the most out of them, and still they won't sound very bright after a few weeks, maybe a month tops.

And yeah, the lower action and feel was awesome, totally one handing old Metallica leads on those things was ridiculous hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote