Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #113 (permalink)
Peppermint4life
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrloser_IX View Post
If you have 1500 to blow on a guitar, then you should go to a guitar store. It sounds like you could by almost anything in there and while you're they're, just walk by all the guitars you like, and play the open notes without plugging it in. That will give you a gauge on the natural sounds of the tone wood. If you like the way it sounds, just start playing with it until you find the perfect feel. If you find that, worst case the pickups don't produce the right sound and if you're willing to throw down 15 hundred on an internet guitar, then you shouldn't have a problem picking out new pickups and having them installed. Hell, I did that with a $250 dollar epiphone SG and it really sounds quite good. Do it with a guitar with good tone woods, then you can create a unique beast.

Also, I see you like Bigsby. Just take your new guitar, figure out which model is appropriate and install it. Again, thats on my Epi and I love it. Honestly, if you just shop for tone and feel instead of the whole package, I find that you can get a fine guitar that is totally unique in many respects and also a bit cheaper than going brand name, especially with Gibson/Fenders (so expensive!).
I would, but I live a bit far from a decent guitar shop. And I know what I like, its just I haven't played anything other than my guitars. I don't know what to expect out of what I'm buying. That's what I'm really asking. Of those guitars, what kind of sound would I get? I should have been more specific. (And that double neck was just a random throw in I was slightly curious about.)
Peppermint4life is offline   Reply With Quote