Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Punk album of all time?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #64 (permalink)
AgeOfOddz
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
I think Bollox is the best because of Rotten's voice and lyrics mainly. I think it's bizzarre that he ended up being in the band in the first place but then for them to somehow find a musical formula and then of course an attitude/lifestyle/outlook or w/e that enabled him to use the expressiveness of his voice is what best defines punk and obviously with them being as good as the originators then they get uber cred for that. I can see how people might think it's 'overproduced' for a punk album but it still sounds sorta tacky like a punk album should. Any less well produced or performed and it'd be too amateurish any more and it'd be too proffesional. They lyrics and themes seem stunningly original to me to and brilliant. I just love some of those lyrics. Bodies? What the **** is that!!! Who ever came up with something like that before? Bodies actually has a mini overture to it which is a very inspired idea from Jonesy or Glen Matlock or whoever came up with that. They're very ominous chords aren't they which just sets you up for what's to come perfectly. I never get over how original and exciting and powerful the Pistols music is well the songs from when Rotten was in them. It was such a freak of fortune that that band ended up together.
I like the Sex Pistols but I wouldn't call them the best, they pretty much defined punk for me but bands like The Damned, Killing Joke, Magazine and Big Black took the genre one step further.
AgeOfOddz is offline   Reply With Quote