Music Banter - View Single Post - Anyone know who Saga is?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ears View Post
I love Saga and taped their performance from Reading Festival in 1981, when it was broadcast on Tommy Vance's Friday Rock Show on BBC Radio 1 (along with Billy Squier). It was great and deserved/deserves an official release. If it exists as a boot, I haven't managed to track it down. At the time, they were unusual and did not sound like any other progressive rock band, but these days are incorrectly dismissed as neo. I also liked the Rob Moratti version of the band and his solo album is worth listening to, if you are a fan.

Another original and quality rock band from Canada is Max Webster, particularly on the album, A Million Vacations (1979), which does not have one weak track. Kim Mitchell's solo albums are pretty good too.
Billy Squier now that's a real name from the past, I was never much of a fan but his second album Don't Say No is a very good album. He kind of forged a hard rock sound that fell somewhere in-between AOR and Kiss style metal. The Kiss influence is no surprise as his previous band were heavily Kiss influenced anyway.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote