Music Banter - View Single Post - 10 Reasons Why The Rolling Stones Were Better Than The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #414 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
What I'm trying to point out that of many Who fans that think Keith Moon and John Entwhistle are the greatest (non-better) and there are some of them are totally dismissive of all other band. I was using John Paul Jones and John Bonham as legitimate argument imo against that.

I'm not of the opinion that nothing can compare to the first wave of British Rock. I think you can compare any thing together - it does have to be similar to be able to compare them. It's like saying you can't compare Sunny Afternoon to Rain because they're opposite types of weather.

Anyway I'm not trying to compare the whole opus of The Who and The Jam together. I am comparing the early years of The Jam and The Who, when Peter and Paul both strapped on a Rickenbacker and banged out power chords - of course the went on to be very different bands. I prefer what The Jam did in the 70's to what The Who did. Saying that The Jam is better than The Who it not so much a comparison as it is opinion. Saying The Jam out-Who'd The Who in the 70's was supposed to be tongue-cheek comment.
In fact I've actually met and read about more Led Zeppelin fans over the years, that think there is nobody better than the members of Led Zep. The amount of times, I've had to listen to people harp on that since John Bonham died rock just hasn't been the same. Music wise though, I'll always agree the Led Zep were superior to the Who. The Who are largely legendary for their amazing live show in the 1960s and 1970s.

I know your "Out Who'd the Who" comment was just tongue-in-cheek and I was just yanking your chain a bit with that one.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote