Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:00 PM   #60 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
God I hope so... I really hope this doesn't turn into another Wheel of Time/ Robert Jordan thing where he ends up dying before his series is finished. I don't think the fans would ever forgive him, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if they did some kind of magic ceremony to conjure up his spirit and then enslave it and force it to finish the story. Still if the last two releases are any indication, I'd say we're at best 4-years away from The Winds of Winter being released, and at worst 6-years :/
I'm actually reading Wheel of Time at the moment, about halfway through the first book and really can't decide whether I think its good or just average. I like the similiarities it has to LOTR in terms of history and characters and races etc Sauron/Shaitan Orcs/Trollocs which makes it a great read for avid LOTR fans which I am, but on the other hand its very slow moving and the main characters are quite boring (unlike a Song of Ice and Fire) but the character are slowly starting to diversify a bit and I bought the first three books so will read them all. I know Brandon Sanderson is finishing the series, I've no idea what he's like as a fantasy writer, but know he has his own series which I've pencilled in to read sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
Those are all good speculations Pete, and I hope you're right about them.

On the whole, I think A Dance with Dragons was a MUCH better read than A Feast for Crows, though neither were better than the first three novels in the series.
I really liked a Feast For Crows, the style of the book was different and I think its important in any series to mix things up a bit.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote