Music Banter - View Single Post - Tony Iommi or Jimmy Page?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #174 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
I actually have a friend who is a lot older than me and a rock fanatic as well, he grew up in the early 1970s and constantly goes on about the impact that all types of bands had on the music scene at that time, he constantly says the impact that Led Zeppelin had was unbelievable and basically they blew the competition out of the water (he basically lived the moment as it happened) The combination of the songs and live performances are what did it.

Over the years I must have listened to what seems like hundreds of heavy albums from the 1970s and Led Zeppelin were probably the best all round band out of a very very good bunch (Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, UFO, Nazareth, Thin Lizzy, Scorpions, Budgie, Humble Pie, Free, Grand Funk Railroad, Trapeze, Uriah Heep and Stray to name just some)

....and who cares if Led Zeppelin ripped off some other bands and artists, as you say a lot of the people they ripped off were nowhere near as good as Led Zeppelin anyway.
You're pretty right. I feel like they're somewhat overrated and I may prefer sabbath over them (and there are plenty other non-heavy bands that i like more than zepp), but I have to admit that they were pretty great, even though I don't like to admit it. They were really great.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote