Music Banter - View Single Post - Help me pick a tattoo (kurt cobain)
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #229 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
Haha, I don't really care that much, I really was just trying to bring the thread back on topic.

Personally, I think getting someone's face on you is dumb. Like everyone else said, it's extremely hard to replicate a face, unless you get a particularly good artist who can draw up a good stencil.

Secondly, as someone who has music tattoos, I would say it would be smarter to get a lyric tattooed, or the band's logo.

Also, don't ask a community for an opinion then whine we're you're being made fun of, you put yourself out there like that, don't be surprised.
Agreed on all points. Now going back to Everclear I just remembered the 2nd version. Is your tattoo the band or the booze?

A slightly different take on the 'logo or lyrics' angle is a custom piece based on a band's art style. Like the 1 guy I know with good tattoos has a sleeve on his left arm that's entirely created based on Radiohead album covers and styles. The Hail to the Thief bit on his shoulder is awesome. But where the tattoo draws from various albums it creates a familiar yet unique piece of art. Again, SUPER PRICEY, and something that I believe he's been working on for like 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Didn't she claim she was asleep or something?
Yeah the original claim was she only asked for like 3 or something and the tattoo artist went 'crazy' and just kept going, after she fell asleep, while getting a needle jammed into her face like 1000 times a minute. Exactly no one besides her own dumb ass and her parents bought that line. I doubt the lawyer they paid for to press charges against the tattoo artist even believed the farce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
At least it's realistic, look I found the Plough....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote