Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #17330 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raust View Post

Sunn O))) and Boris - Altar
Such an awesome line up. Haven't heard of a decent collaboration in the drone genre since Earth and Kurt Cobain. This one is sick the 2 different styles of music merge together in quiet an epic way making it sound a bit more experimental.
A sublime record. Its rather intriguing to hear Sunn O))) with drums. A little unnerving even.

Downloaded:

Lisa Germano - Geek the Girl (1994)
Though technically slowcore/dream-pop I think theres a little too much aggression and frankly, it may be a little too terrifying at times to carry the characteristics of a genre or genres I indulge in for, generally, relaxation. A record about a girls tale of sexual maturity, abuse and fear among other things. It is not a fun record, to say the least. One of the tracks, "...a Psychopath", even includes the sampling of a genuine emergency call made as a woman struggles with an intruder. The result is horrifying.

Ida - Ten Small Paces (1997)
Slowcore/dream-pop with male-female harmonies. Sounds good enough to me. I have listened to it and I fell asleep. That, however, is not a negative review. I just need to listen to it again sometime to really judge it.

On Vinyl

Dio - Sacred Heart (1985)
Cause it's Dio. 'Nuff said.

On CD

Explosions in the Sky - Take Care, Take Care, Take Care (2011)
Supposedly a return to their roots of a slow, gentle build to epic greatness. Probably one of the first post-rock bands I heard and, while not the greatest, have still produced some wonderful music. The packaging and artwork is absolutely immaculate. Rather staggering actually, as the house opens up into a four-part gatefold with a huge fold out poster and a postcard with the tracklisting slotted away inside too.

All CDs i bought to replace digital versions today.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote