Music Banter - View Single Post - Beatles/Rolling Stones...Early Years...
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 03:59 AM   #28 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLLC View Post
The stones lasting popularity can be attributed to the music that play. Although they were influenced by what was popular at a particular time, they primarily stuck to their roots of blues and rock and roll.

Although I'm a big fan of the Beatles, its primarily because they were great musicians. At one point they themselves realized that they drifted too far from their roots into pop ballads and such prompting them to "Get Back" where they belonged.
Just because a band sticks to its roots, again is no indicator of greatness.

The Rolling Stones actually got more accolades in the rock world as better musicians, the Beatles strength was with song writing and innovation.

As for that last bit that I've highlighted, you've really got all your facts wrong there. The Beatles greatness is largely due to their mid and later period creativity where they diversified into numerous styles. They could've never gone back to the basic pop sound that they were putting out earlier on in the 1960s, as by the end of the decade rock music had evolved SO MUCH. Bands like the Beatles, the Kinks and the Byrds had been highly influential in that evolution and 1967 was probably one of the most pivotal years in the history of rock, where diversity actually buried a lot of the more basic styles.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote