Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Room 101 (Music Version) is open for business!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Morning guys, thanks for getting this started.

I have a lot to think about now, with your --- I must say, considered and eloquent --- selections.

They're great ideas, but I will probably not be mojopinuk's biggest fan when I say that I won't be considering Queen. Whether you like or hate them --- I just like them, I have their greatest hits and one or two other albums and that's about it --- there's no denying that they brought a particular flair to rock music and have legions of fans. Should this latter exclude them from being thrown into Room 101 on its own? Obviously not, otherwise virtually no-one could be considered, even (spit!) Daniel O'Donnell!

But after my writeup on "Who wants to live forever" in my journal, I feel it's impossible to consider Queen: who would then play at my funeral? As for their songs not eliciting emotion? Surely the likes of "The show must go on", "Days of our lives" and the above move you, especially given the circumstances of Freddie Mercury's death?

You're free to argue your point further, mojo, but I really don't think I can be convinced on this.

I'll make a decision on the others shortly and I'll let you guys know.

Thanx guys!